2016 Shoujo License Predictions and Wishlist
I have no feel for shoujo licensing anymore, but I’m take my guesses anyway.
Predicted Shoujo Licenses:
- “Namaikizakari” by Miyuki Mitsubachi (sports romance)
- “Oujisama ni wa Doku ga Aru” (” The Cure Prince with Black Poison”) by Jun Yuzuki (BL gags and romance)
- “Kimi ni Koto Nado Zettai ni” by Meca Tanaka (Riches to rags female MC gets taken in by guy who originally wants revenge)
- “Library Wars: Love and War Extra Stories” by Yumi Kiiro (“Library Wars: Love and War” sequel)
- “Sabaku no Harem” by Yumeki Mitsuru (fantasy romance with strong main characters)
- “Queen’s Quality” by Kyousuke Motomi (The sequel to “QQ Sweeper”) — Licensed by Viz/Shojo Beat
- “Strange Dragon” by Keiko Ishihara (Fantasy with a dragon and romance, 3 -volumes)
- “Takane and Hana” by Yuki Shiwasu (age-gap rom-com)
- “Mermaid Prince” by Kaori Ozaki (slice-of-life, fantasy, coming of age, 2 story compilation)
Ought to be Licensed / Wishlist:
- “Koisuru Harinezumi” (“A Hedgehog in Love”) by Nao Hinachi (cute rom-com)
- “Hatsu Haru” by Shizuki Fujisawa (male POV romance, high school life)
- “Haru x Kiyo” by Akari Ozaki (Opposite attract rom-com)
- “Kanna to Detchi” by Ammitsu (Apprentice forbidden-love rom-com)
- “Nanoka no Kare” by Miyoshi Toumori and Saro Tekkotsu (Romance drama, the pretteh)
- “Kageno datte Seishunshittai” by Yuki Kitagawa (Shy girl dates popular boy)
- “Hana ni, Kamitsuku” by Yakko Kaga (Barebones Vampire Knight in two volumes)
- “Come to Kiss at Midnight” by Rin Mikimoto (Showbiz, older male actor x high school girl) — licensed by Kodansha USA
- “Kanojo ni Naru Hi” and “Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another” by Akane Ogura (gender swap)
- “Suki ni Naranai, Senpai” by Hatsuharu (bad boy x innocent girl high school romance)
- “Boku ni Hana no Melancholy” by Mikko Komori (high school romance drama with the pretteh)
Don’t be Suckered
- “Akagami no Shiraiyukihime” by Akizuki Sorata — too long, thoroughly scanlated, and the current scanlator doesn’t stop when series are licensed.
I wish for Ou-sama ni sasagu kusuriyubi, Kurosaki – Kun no linari ni NanteNaranai, Love phanton
I really hope Library Wars’s sequel is licensed. I freaking love it and the MOVIES are seriously one of the best adaptations I’ve ever seen.
I’m so done with Vampire Knight.
I’d love to see a reprint of Hana Yori Dango-though it never will happen because stupid digital 😛
Hedgehog, Hatsu*Haru, Sabaku Harem, and Sumika Sumire are what I hope get licensed.